FDA: BrainSee Novel Software Is Breakthrough For Noninvasive Detection And Monitoring Of Alzheimer’s Disease At The Early Stage Of Mild Cognitive Impairment
Darmiyan CEO Listed in Health Tech Report 2021 Top 25 Women Leaders in Biotechnology
Early detection & monitoring of
The Virtual Microscope
A Nobel Laureate approved technology
Darmiyan is developing a commercial diagnostic software platform for the early detection, monitoring and stratification of Alzheimer’s disease (AD) and other neurodegenerative disorders through an innovative magnetic resonance (MR) image analysis technology. Based on over 40 years of cutting-edge brain research, our technology can precisely quantify and detect changes in brain tissue at the cellular level in every voxel (3D pixel) of a brain MRI scan.
Our novel solution, BrainSeeTM, is a Software as a Service (SaaS) platform. Doctors provide standard clinical brain MRI scans (T1, T2, and DWI/DTI), and BrainSee analyzes the scans in a few hours and provides detailed brain maps with exact quantification of neurodegeneration in each voxel, as well as a summary score that reflects the person’s brain health and the likelihood of future cognitive decline.
View a sample report here.
Why use BrainSee instead of PET or CSF biomarkers?
Unlike MRI machines, PET (positron emission tomography) scanners are not widely available around the world. Performing an amyloid PET scan requires injection of a very expensive radioactive tracer and involves X-Ray radiation similar to a CT (computed tomography) scan. Moreover, amyloid-beta protein is a non-specific biomarker and not very accurate in determining the prognosis of MCI. CSF (cerebrospinal fluid) sampling requires lumbar puncture, an invasive and very inconvenient procedure. Unlike PET or CSF, Darmiyan’s BrainSee solution is non-invasive, convenient, accurate, affordable, globally available, and scalable.
PET & CSF
See blind testing validation results in our white paper here
Learn more about the technology here
Review our journal publications here or watch the video below
Podcast: Riches and Niches of Cognitive Health
Podcast: Evolving past Alzheimer’s
Padideh Kamali-Zare, PhD
Chief Executive Officer
Pavan Krishnamurthy, PhD
Head of Operations
Kaveh Vejdani, MD
Chief Medical & Technology Officer
Elham Khosravi, PhD
Head of Analytics and Innovation
Thomas Liebmann, PhD
Chief Scientific Officer
Hesaam Esfandyarpour, PhD
News and Milestones
Selected news highlights
- Sep 2020: Darmiyan CEO was selected by Fortune 40 under 40
- Aug 2020: BrainSee was validated by third-party investigators in the US & Canada
- Mar 2020: Pharma giant Eisai led a $6M round in Darmiyan
- Feb 2020: US patent published
- Dec 9-10, 2019: Presented in Innovation in Longevity Summit, Washington, DC
- Dec 4-7, 2019: Presented in CTAD 2019, San Diego, CA
- Oct 2019: Blind testing validation results published in white paper
- Sep 2019: Released BrainSee v1.0
- Mar 2019: Won CABHI 2019 innovation award
- Nov 2018: Presented at TEDMED Hive, Palm Springs, CA
- July 2017: Started Y-Combinator program
- May 2017: Won Amgen-QB3 (MBC Biolabs) Golden Ticket award